My studies, training and experience have opened doors and assisted me n traversing a variety of ancient and modern worlds, including assisted reproduction, pregnancy and childbirth, acute, chronic and terminal illness, pain, stress, trauma, psycho-spiritual angst, otherworldly wisdom, and end-of-life issues. In the course of this journey, I have been shown much, learning to understand both the diverse perspectives towards life that accompany variations in age, gender, culture and religious heritage to the deep unifying force that transcends differences as we move towards death and experience grief.
I am blessed to have had the opportunity to share information for over four decades. Whether speaking to medical professionals, corporate organizations or groups with specific interests—from those on a personal search to those working as change agents in the world—it has been my observation that these offerings can potentially act as springboards to growth and deeper levels of understanding. I am pleased to now offer them to you.
Share with me your particular interests and needs and I will be happy to co-create your vision!
OFFERINGS RELATED TO ACUPUNCTURE, ORIENTAL & ENERGY MEDICINE, COMPLEMENTARY/ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE (CAM) & GENERAL HEALTH & CONSCIOUSNESS ISSUES
- “Introduction to oriental medicine and acupuncture”
- “walking with the tao: specialized topics in oriental medicine”
(including but not limited to gynecology, reproductive medicine, pregnancy/childbirth, aging, pain management, oncology, emotional/psychological issues, palliative care, grie)
- “Whole person care: an introduction to complementary/alternative medicine”
- “Circling back to our future: energy medicine through time & space”
- “Treasures of the tribe: the value of indigenous medicine in today’s world”
- “Cam as therapeutic intervention: nonpharmacological pain management”
- “A return to power: cam as adjunctive support for stress, trauma & ptsd”
- “Options to combustion: stress management tools for people in need”
- “Giving without losing: burnout prevention & self-care for the 21st century”
- “Running out of steam: caring for the caregivers, supporting the supporters”
- “When bottom looks like up: shedding light on dark times”
- “As above, so below: the effect of the natural world on the human system”
- “Marking time, celebrating cycles: the power of ceremony & ritual in daily life”
- “Moving in circles: a woman’s walk towards grace”
- “The nature of yin & yang: a relationship conversation”
- “From there to here & back again: the journey of life and death”
OFFERINGS RELATED TO SHAMANISM & CROSS-CULTURAL SPIRITUALITY
- “Awakening the tribal soul within:An introduction to shamanism & indigenous spirituality”
- “To see with new eyes: an exploration of cross-cultural indigenous cosmology”
- “Traveling the green road: an introduction to druidry & celtic shamanism”
- “By earth, sea & sky: understanding the druid tradition”
- “The spirit of aloha: an introduction to huna & the spiritual traditions of hawaii”
- “Touching the mystery: specialized topics in druidry & cross-cultural shamanism”
- “To walk the worlds: negotiating new territory through imagery & journeywork”
- “Learning to spirit-talk: relationships with allies, guides & power animals”
- “Tracing the path: embracing our past, inspiring our future”
- “Creating a worldwalking toolkit: medicine objects & power tools”
- “Becoming a hollow bone: understanding the practice & use of divination”
- “Earth as ally, nature as guide: awakening to the power of the natural world”
- “Manifesting the sacred: creation & use of ritual, ceremony & rites of passage”
- “Where the ancients walked: a survey of cross-cultural shamanic healing methods”
- “Optimizing connections: keeping the healer healthy”
- “Becoming whole again: shamanic techniques for empowered living”
- “To heal with the earth: an introduction to plant spirit medicine”
OFFERINGS RELATED TO DYING, DEATH & GRIEF
- “Touching the unknown: an introductory approach to death & dying”
- “Honoring shadows, dancing in light: excercises for luscious living”
- “Embracing the reaper: death preparation for empowered living”
- “If I should die before I wake: a discussion of end of life issues”
- “Better caring through sharing: expanding & exploring palliative care
Options for medical professionals” (based on epec training)
- “Healing into death: the use of energy medicine & cam in palliative care”
- “joining hands: facilitating empowerment for death-workers”
- “Multiple paths to heaven: a study of cultural & religious diversity
In palliative care, dying & death”
- “Grief’s many faces: a psychospiritual exploration of cultural diversity”
- “Death as ally: an introduction to the art of death coaching”
- “The hidden places: how the body embodies trauma and grief”
- “Sharing the journey: dying, death & grief in shamanic /indigenous traditions”
- “Deathwalking: an introduction to working shamanically with dying & death”
- “Crossing sacred waters: life & death in the celtic tradition”
DEATH & DYING INTENSIVE WORKSHOP
This is a two-day program which explores the many issues that arise for the patient, family and the support team. Combines many of the other offerings; variation in content will be relative to group level of expertise. Program can be taught with or without shamanic emphasis.
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING OFFERINGS & EVENTS
Offerings generally range in length from 2 hours to 5 days and can be effectively presented for both large and small audiences as lectures, workshops, classes or, in the case of longer sessions, in conjunction with organizational retreats and trainings. Suggestions and recommendation for both timeframes and setting will be offered to ensure optimum effectiveness and longer workshop formats can be created specifically for your organization. The majority of these sessions have been designed to contain both formal didactic and informal experiential components; group exercises and subsequent discussions are often encouraged and included in the course of the session, contingent upon audience size and time allotted.
The majority of these offerings can be formatted for use in other locations, both nationally and internationally. Titles and topics can also be combined to offer longer, more comprehensive, events and are often desirable, especially if offered in a rural or retreat setting; two offerings that especially lend themselves to these longer venues are “Giving Without Losing” and “Awakening the Tribal Soul Within.” In addition, a combination of these offerings can be utilized to provide a series of workshops taught consecutively over a specified span of time; in this regard, consideration must be given based on location and level of participation.
In most instances, the course content and length can be adapted to meet the needs and interests of those attending relative to their age, experience and level of expertise; specifically, shamanic-based topics can be taught either using guided imagery only or with shamanic journeying based upon the prior experience of the audience. Also, some offerings tend to be introductory while others lend themselves to a more advanced audience. Most topics can “stand alone,” providing sufficient information within an agreed upon framework. In some cases, however, especially with shamanic offerings, information derived from one session can support others; as an example “Awakening the Tribal Soul Within” is often recommended as a prerequisite for other, but not all, shamanic sessions.
Please contact me to discuss details, ideas or concerns you might have regarding any of the offerings. I look forward to working with you to create wonderful experiences.
ARE YOU PLANNING A CONFERENCE, TRAINING OR WORKSHOP & WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE DIANE POLASKY IN YOUR EVENT? …OR…WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE & HOST YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL WEEKEND OR GATHERING WITH DIANE?
IF SO, SHE INVITES YOU TO CONTACT HER! FOR INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS: PHONE: 505.298.7371
DETAILS REGARDING TIMEFRAME & FORMAT, TRAVEL & LODGING REQUIREMENTS, AUDIO/VISUAL NEEDS, ADVERTISING & FEES WILL BE DISCUSSED SPECIFIC TO EVENT REQUESTED. IN SOME CASES, PRIVATE SHAMANIC SESSIONS MAY ALSO BE AVAILABLE.
NOTE: DR. POLASKY PROVIDES ACUPUNCTURE AND ORIENTAL MEDICAL SERVICES THROUGH THE CENTER FOR HOLISTIC HEALTH, LLC. IN ADDITION, SHE HAS ALSO ESTABLISHED A SEPARATE BUSINESS ENTITY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, KNOWN AT THE SHARETHEWISDOM INSTITUTE, WHICH WILL BE INCLUDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY SERVICE AGREEMENTS RELATED TO TEACHING, SPEAKING AND/OR TRAINING.